Re: [ontolog-forum] N-ary relationships and hypergraphs

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "doug foxvog" <doug@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 16:18:16 -0500 (EST)
Azamat,    (01)

The first two pages of the reference chapter do not answer the question.
You are charging $30 (US) for access to the rest of the chapter.  I
suggest that either you share your answer with this forum with text in
an email or if you don't have the time to distill an answer from the
20-page chapter, provide the PDF of the chapter for free to this forum.    (02)

To answer Phil, another model for representing objects with n-ary
substructure and relationships among such objects is reifying the
objects in a language not restricted to binary relations.  Semantic
languages that do this include the LISP-structured KIF and CycL.    (03)

Standard object-oriented programming languages (Java, C++, ...) also
provide the capability.    (04)

-- doug foxvog    (05)

On Wed, November 16, 2011 13:15, AzamatAbdoullaev said:
> On Monday, November 14, 2011 3:32 PM, Phil Murray wrote:
> "Are there *any other *non-binary models for representing complex objects
> [that is, objects with n-ary substructure] and relationships among those
> complex objects???"
>
> See Chapter 6: "What Organizes the World: N-Relational Entities".
>
>http://www.igi-global.com/chapter/reality-universal-ontology-knowledge-systems/28312

doug foxvog    doug@xxxxxxxxxx   http://ProgressiveAustin.org    (07)

"I speak as an American to the leaders of my own nation. The great
initiative in this war is ours. The initiative to stop it must be ours."
    - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.