Re: [ontolog-forum] N-RELATIONs: Formal Ontology, Semantic Web and Smart

To: <edbark@xxxxxxxx>, "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "AzamatAbdoullaev" <abdoul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 19:37:22 +0200
I share Ed's concerns. Just want to add that most programming questions come
from the ontology of relations, which is still in need to specify the
following crucial issues:
1. the reality relationship, its ontological status, if it's a real entity
or just attributions.
2. ontological priority of objects and relations, if
substances/objects/classes are just agglomerations of relationships.
3. kinds and sorts of relationships.
4. hierarchy of relations: as causal, natural, conceptual, logical, etc.
5. symbolic, formal representations of relationships.
The supertask is to establish a common theory of entities and relationships,
as the framework for relationships representation and reasoning.
Azamat