Re: [ontolog-forum] Partial interest ontology

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "AzamatAbdoullaev" <abdoul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 21:00:15 +0300
John: "I admit that I have never been happy with Cyc's upper level.  To say
that Interest is a kind of TemporalStuffType is much too weak.  It omits
fundamental relationships of interest to purpose, goals, and intentions."    (01)

That's really significant. It's necessary to define if an interest is a form
of reason, a final cause, the sake, goal, end, result or objective to pursue
and obtain. How its related to need, motive, motivation, and morality. At
which reality it emerges, biological reality, cognitive reality or social
reality. What the key types of self-interest are, individual, familial,
tribal, corporate, group, or national.
All these and other things are overwhelmingly important. As we know, the
whole geopolitics and international relations are guided by the national
self-interests (mercantilism), balancing the national self-interests of
several big powers.
The Libian tragedy you mentioned before is looked by many stakeholders more
as a mercantile enterprise pursuing all sorts of self-interests and
ambitions: individual, tribal,..., or "reason of the state". Its also
critical to see why the real issues as the rule of law, public good,
morality and collective security appear less valuable then self-interests.
It appears a real ontology of self-interest is of global social importance
as well.
Azamat    (02)