Re: [ontolog-forum] New Enterprise and IT Taxonomies

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Frank Guerino <Frank.Guerino@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 12:58:47 -0400
Hi Tom,    (01)

You're right to point out that both terms:    (02)

1) "Action" : http://www.if4it.com/SYNTHESIZED/GLOSSARY/A/Action.html    (03)

2) "Record" : http://www.if4it.com/SYNTHESIZED/GLOSSARY/R/Record.html    (04)

would be semantic components for the composite or compound term:    (05)

3) "Action Record" :
http://www.if4it.com/SYNTHESIZED/GLOSSARY/A/Action_Record.html    (06)

In the Foundation's content, the first term in the compound term "Action
Record," (i.e. "Action") is currently considered the base or root term of
context and we have solved for access to that term and all other terms
that use it as the first component in their own compound term names.  This
is why you can see linkage to that first component and to all related
terms that start with that same term.    (07)

We're currently in the process of solving for access to other terms in
compound term names.  (Actually, we know of multiple ways to implement the
solution but haven't selected one and prioritized when to do the work.
I'd guess it will be scheduled for later this year or early next year.    (08)

Interestingly, if you put the first term "Action" in the center of a graph
model, where all nodes that are one degree of separation start with the
same word/term, you get what I call a "Semantic Cluster" of words/terms
that help to further define the node in context (i.e the node in the
middle at zero degrees of separation).  This "Semantic Cluster" becomes
what is labeled a "Domain Specific Glossary", in this case the:    (09)

"Action Management Glossary" :
http://www.if4it.com/SYNTHESIZED/DISCIPLINES/Action_Management_Home_Page.ht
ml#RELATED_TERMS    (010)

Also interesting... if you performed the same exercise but used the last
term in the compound name (i.e. "Record") and surrounded it with all terms
that "end" with the same term, you'd get what I call a "Classification
Cluster."    (011)

Anyhow, I hope this answers your question.  If not or if you have any
follow-up questions, please let me know and I'll do my best to address.    (012)

My Best,    (013)

Frank
--
Frank Guerino, Chairman
The International Foundation for Information Technology (IF4IT)

On 8/24/11 1:05 PM, "Tom Knorr" <tknorr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:    (015)