Re: [ontolog-forum] Self Interest Ontology going offline

To: "'John F. Sowa'" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rich Cooper" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 20:01:45 -0700
Speaking of purposive action, the following paper
and slide show re AIXI would seem appropriate for
controlling an agent interpreting the ontology
with evaluation of self interest.  The paper is
at:    (01)

http://www.hutter1.net/ai/skcunai.pdf
and the slide show in PDF format is at
http://www.hutter1.net/ai/aixigentle.pdf     (02)

This is primarily a linear feedback control system
in discrete steps, but recast as two Turing
machines in a loop.  Once we have an ontology of
values and behaviors, this material should be a
good way to construct a simple agent.      (03)

-Rich    (04)

Sincerely,
Rich Cooper
EnglishLogicKernel.com