Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontology and kantian propositions

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Christopher Spottiswoode" <cms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 16:13:26 +0200
John,    (01)

Thank you:  this was a wonderfully neat reminder to us ontologists:    (02)

> In fact, I would simplify the core ever further.  I have recommended
> the "refrigerator principle" about axioms to include in the core:
>
>    "When in doubt, throw it out."    (03)

Saint-Exupery had a longer though maybe fuller way of putting it:  "You
know when you have achieved perfection in design, not when you can think
of nothing more to add, but when you can think of nothing more to take
away."    (04)

Christopher     (05)