Re: [ontolog-forum] intangibles (was RE: Why most classifications are fu

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Chris Partridge <partridge.csj@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 17:03:43 +0100
Hi John,    (01)

> CP
> > Let's agree to disagree.
>
> No.  You have caught a philosophical virus, and I'm trying to help you get
rid
> of it.
>    (02)

I quite like my virus, it's your virus that I am worried about :-).    (03)

You seem to miss my methodological point, which is that whatever choice one
makes for the ontological framework, one needs to (a) make that choice
explicit and (b) show that one has assessed the pros and cons for doing so
in that situation - part of this is offering up the analysis for discussion.
Whether one prefers Peirce or extensionalism or whatever, one should follow
the methodology.
If we agree on this then that is probably far enough for now.    (04)

Regards,
Chris    (05)

Like