Re: [ontolog-forum] the data mining craze

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "doug foxvog" <doug@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 01:24:14 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, February 28, 2011 11:50, FERENC KOVACS said:
> I fully agree with Azamat, the upper ontology part is bleeding from
> several wounds    (01)

WordNet is useful for NL processing.  It is quite problematic
throughout as an ontology.  Synsets at every level comprise
sets of non-synonymous concepts.  By no means is it just the upper
ontology which is problematic.    (02)

I suppose ground-level collections are stronger when they have just
a single member of the synset.    (03)

-- doug foxvog    (04)

> Regards,
> Ferenc

doug foxvog    doug@xxxxxxxxxx   http://ProgressiveAustin.org    (06)

"I speak as an American to the leaders of my own nation. The great
initiative in this war is ours. The initiative to stop it must be ours."
    - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.