Re: [ontolog-forum] the data mining craze

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 19:59:07 -0500
On 2/28/11 7:56 PM, Stephen Young wrote:
Azamat, I've seen enough upper-ontology-related discussions on this list to know that you'll never get agreement on a "full reclassification".  And neither should you - the tight structures you've no doubt got in mind just won't be general
enough for universal use.

When we built our "map" we said "let's build something we can get all the concepts into and argue about the relationships later".  The axioms are a work-in-progress.  Those derived from WordNet may be a long way from perfect, but they *do* allow us to do *some* things that haven't been done before.  And the hope is that the interactive nature of the wik.me site, the APIs and other "windows" into the data that we do will allow people to improve the map.

Steve,

ETA for API access?

Kingsley

Steve