Re: [ontolog-forum] the data mining craze

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Stephen Young <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 16:55:18 +1100
> It seems to be results of some heuristic applied on top of regular keyword
>search.
> If there is some hidden structure, then what purpose does it serve?
> For example, David Wood appears not long after Parmenides, but the link leads
>to the
> professor of philosophy at Vanderbilt University. Why was he singled out
>along with
> UMBEL above and LOOM below?    (01)

I believe I explained this in my post answering Krzysztof.  It's
ranked by popularity.  Think of it as Google's PageRank - but measured
by links to facts rather than from other web pages.    (02)

> Besides, the relevant David Wood.  I know of is the author of recent book on
>Semantic Web
> and has joined Talis as VP of technology not long ago.    (03)

A fact I've just added with the comment "@bot, he is management at the
Talis Group".    (04)

> I can't change what I don't understand. If it is the error, it is one massive
>error that
> is better discarded then fixed.    (05)

OK.  The bar may be set a little high for some.  You'll find the
surrounding comments and the "Help" page useful in this regard.    (06)

> It does raise my curiosity and I whish that experience would not be so
>disappointing.    (07)

I can't help with that one.  I'm truly sorry.    (08)

Steve    (09)

--
Stephen Young
CEO @ factnexus.com