Re: [ontolog-forum] correct Logical types

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Len Yabloko" <lenya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 22:01:41 +0000
Paola,     (01)

>*It references, among lots of other work, also Phenomenologie des Geistes,
>Hegel, (page 11) which is a 700 pages tome I found by chance around
>Christmas together with history of mathematics another 700 pages (santa
>klaus?) I had to leave them behind cause
>to heavy to carry (especially on camelback)

Indeed. There are many good textbooks that cover both in a digested form    (02)

> In German Geist translates both into Mind/Spirit
>making the translation of the title to English somehow a partial, possibly
>limiting, semantic choice    (03)

The correct translation is "Spirit" and it had been well studied and
translated. I would not try reading the original as it is know to be one of the
most convoluted writings. But if you willing to follow the course of philosophy
in its original form, then you must read Kierkegaard's response to "Spirit" in
his "Stages". The two basically nehilate each other :-)    (04)