Re: [ontolog-forum] correct Logical types

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: ravi sharma <drravisharma@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 22:18:38 -0500
Len    (01)

Appreciate the observation to bring us down to Earth.    (02)

I thought the context was "logical types" and it still raises a
question, does the physical and philosophical defintion need to refer
to two different concepts of time? It is the physical instantiation of
time that has to relate to measurable effect/ entity?    (03)

Do not such systems have a notion of counting time backward to reach
past events and epochs as well as business transactions? Hence the
arrow is bidirectional in past - future sense?
Yes - If a particle or object is stationary the only way to determine
it is by time stamp and yes in that sense it is an increasing time
count. Ed Barkmeyer or Mark Linehan can better describe it in Semantic
/ Vocabulary sense than me, however.
Thanks.
Ravi    (04)

Thanks.