Re: [ontolog-forum] Can Syntax become Semantic ?

To: <edbark@xxxxxxxx>, "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Matthew West" <dr.matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 11:37:08 -0000
Dear Jim and Ed    (01)

MW: This kind of broad integration is what ISO 15926 is intended to support.
The idea would be that suppliers would classify their products against the
ISO 15926 Reference Data Library, and publish their catalogue using the
i-Ring (I talked about this at last year's Ontology Summit). Buyers would
make a query to the i-Ring for products that met their specification, also
in terms of the ISO 15926 Reference Data Library, and they would find the
products that met the specification.    (03)

MW: This is all stuff people are working on, rather than being in production
at present.    (04)

Regards    (05)

Matthew West
Information  Junction
Tel: +44 560 302 3685
Mobile: +44 750 3385279
matthew.west@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.informationjunction.co.uk/
http://www.matthew-west.org.uk/    (06)

This email originates from Information Junction Ltd. Registered in England
and Wales No. 6632177.
Registered office: 2 Brookside, Meadow Way, Letchworth Garden City,
Hertfordshire, SG6 3JE.    (07)