Re: [ontolog-forum] independent semantic software evaluation frameworks?

To: "Pieter De Leenheer" <pdeleenh@xxxxxxxxx>, <semantic-web@xxxxxxx>, "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: fchum@xxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Abdoul" <abdoul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 00:55:38 +0300
Pieter De Leenheer wrote: "Check out the PriceWaterhouseCoopers Spring
forecast as well, to find
out there overview of semantic tools":
http://www.collibra.com/resource/pwc-technology-forecast    (01)

Thank you, Pieter:    (02)

The forecast makes an interesting reading. Particularly i liked Frank Chum
of Chevron interview on shared ontologies in the oil and gas industry.    (03)

Although, have to say, he missed to answer the most interesting question:    (04)

 PwC: Do you sense some danger that we could have a lot of enthusiasm here
and end up with a lot of non-compatible ontologies? Are we going to enter a
period where there will need to be some sort of master data model, a master
ontology model effort?    (05)

FC: We already defined some standards to address that. We have a URI
[Uniform Resource Identifier] standard for how you name ontologies, and it's
referenceable so that you can go into that URI and retrieve the ontology. We
tried to make that shareable, and we are also starting a community type of
space.    (06)

 azamat abdoullaev    (07)

http://standardontology.org    (08)

----- Original Message -----     (09)