Re: [ontolog-forum] independent semantic software evaluationframeworks?

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rich Cooper" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 14:43:41 -0700
Hi Azmat,    (01)

I think the point is that no nonprofit company will give away its own
software/ontology/database, which cost it mucho bucks to build, without
licensing negotiations and contractual arrangements, with other companies in
the same industry.  That would be a good reason for the board to sack the
president.      (02)

On this list, we talk like ontologies can be merged and joined and treated
like the specification language statements we view them to be.  But
companies are motivated by revenue, market share, customer satisfaction and
profitability and by very little else that doesn't also contribute to those
values.  So it isn't likely that ontologies will be widely used in that way.    (03)

Instead, companies will start to use ontologies when their trading partners
use them.  The common communications can then be used to drive down costs
and increase market share and profitability. Ontologies for communications
with trading partners will be the most widely used first ontologies IMHO.      (04)

-Rich    (05)

Sincerely,
Rich Cooper
EnglishLogicKernel.com