[ontolog-forum] independent semantic software evaluation frameworks?

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, semantic-web at W3C <semantic-web@xxxxxxx>
From: Paola Di Maio <paola.dimaio@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 18:03:05 +0100
Greetings good people!    (01)

I am attempting to systematically aggregate as many independent
evaluations of semantic software tools as possible    (02)

(Note: by independent it is intended not carried out by people who are
paid to do so, or have other vested interests  - such as the
devleopers or consultants themselves  or their friends and familieis -
 but by unaffiliated users who are more suitable to appreciate its
benefits and shorcomings)    (03)

We are particularly interested initially in the software developed
with EU funding (FP6 and FP7 )    (04)

The main frameworks of reference are standard software project
evaluation methods, including    (05)

EVALUATION AND RANKING OF ONTOLOGY CONSTRUCTION TOOLS (various
references included there)
Md. Ahsan-ul Murshed and Ramanjit Singh
http://eprints.biblio.unitn.it/archive/00000747/01/013.pdf    (06)

I have already contacted offlist some of the individuals who have
offered knowledge and views, and I am now  seeking additional wider
general  input on    (07)

1.  developing and customizing the  review criteria  and methodology
(so that we can format the distributed evaluations using a common template)    (08)

2.  any volunteered inputs in terms of reviews of software and other
deliverables (priority is to assess  cost/benefit ratio, measured in
terms of
functionality and usefulness)    (09)

The final goal of this exercise is to contribute  to improve the
effectiveness of EU funding process in semantic web, as well as to
general
software output at large, as well as to come up with  recommendations.    (010)

Your contribution can be submitted authored or anonymous (subject to
verification)    (011)

Please contact me offlist should you wish to collaborate on this project,    (012)

cheers    (013)

Paola Di Maio    (014)

--
Paola Di Maio