Re: [ontolog-forum] mKR programming language

To: "Pat Hayes" <phayes@xxxxxxx>, "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Richard H. McCullough" <rhm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 15:13:09 -0700
mKR does describe actions, and reasoning about actions.    (01)

But mKR is also a language for communication between
a human and his/her intelligent agent, mKE.  mKE performs
many actions associated with building, editing and searching
knowledge bases.    (02)

For example,
    do write od tabula rasa to TabulaRasa.ho done;
is my "command" to mKE.  It tells mKE to "write"
the hierarchy "tabula rasa" to the file "TabulaRasa.ho".
mKE carries out my command, as described by this
sentence
    ke do write od tabula rasa to TabulaRasa.ho done;
Each command is mapped to an action of mKE.    (03)

Likewise, variable assignments such as
    kbmode := cyc;
map to changes in attributes of mKE
    ke has kbmode = cyc;
In this case, mKE uses the OpenCyc knowledge base
for subsequent assertions and searches.    (04)

Dick    (05)