Re: [ontolog-forum] mKR programming language

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Richard H. McCullough" <rhm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 02:00:41 -0700

http://tinyurl.com/cnjo9j).

> Chris Menzel

Chris

I have already said that I have not presented a
formal semantic theory for mKR.
When you continue to harp on that subject
in every email, the only effect is to suppress
communication between us, and other members
of this forum.

I think you totally underestimate the context
which members of this forum share, as fellow
human beings.  Consider this mKR proposition.

at view = Ontolog Forum {
        I do say to you od {
                at time = 10 am yesterday {
                        I do walk from my house to Raley's done;
                };
        } done;
};

I think every member of this forum will understand
the meaning of this proposition.  They will know
the meaning of "I", "you", "walk", "my house", etc.
They may not know exactly where "my house"
is located, but if that is important to them, they
can ask me to make my context more explicit.

You seem to imply that mKR is of no value without
a formal semantic theory.  I totally disagree.  Further,
I assert that there are many meaningful exchanges
taking place in this forum, even though we have
no formal semantics for English.

Dick McCullough