Re: [ontolog-forum] Next steps in using ontologies as standards

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Matthew West <dr.matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 12:21:46 -0000

Dear John,

I looked on Google then both Amazon and on the BoroCentre.com and I couldn't find a copy of the second edition of this book. So I ordered a copy of the first edition. Anyone know where to get a copy of the second edition? Also, the PDF download on borocentre.com doesn't seem to work.

[MW] I’m surprised you were able to get a copy of the first edition. The best way to get a copy of the 2nd edition is to apply to Chris Partridge himself. He is a member of ontolog

http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ChrisPartridge

and the BORO Centre link on there has a contact e-mail link.

I understand there are very few or no substantive changes between the editions.

Regards

Matthew West

Information  Junction

Tel: +44 560 302 3685

Mobile: +44 750 3385279

matthew.west@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.matthew-west.org.uk/

This email originates from Information Junction Ltd. Registered in England and Wales No. 6632177.

Registered office: 2 Brookside, Meadow Way, Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire, SG6 3JE.

thanks,
John Black

Len Yabloko wrote:

Matthew,

Thank your for paying proper respect to this great book and to Chris.

Now that you did it, I would like to claim the honor of referring it to this forum first :-) in following message
http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontolog-forum/2008-09/msg00196.html

I would also like to mention the product that I began developing after reading his book and largely inspired by it. Thank you Chris!

Len Yabloko, Owner/CEO
Next Generation Software
www.ontospace.net

Dear Colleagues,

Well with all this talk of "Chris's Book" let's at least give a proper
reference.

Partridge, C. Business objects: re-engineering for re-use,
Butterworth-Heinemann, (second edition) 2005, The Boro Centre

I recommend it too.

Of course all this talk of extensionalism means that you are 4D. But that is
the price of simplicity.

Regards

Matthew West
http://www.matthew-west.org.uk/