Re: [ontolog-forum] Fw: Next steps in using ontologies as standards

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Ron Wheeler <rwheeler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 19:10:59 -0500
I think that there might be justification for certain industry groups to
get together to produce their own "standard" ontologies.
The 100 guys in a room model will work if each guy shows up with his
organization's $100,000.
Then you know that there is a problem to be solved and a commitment to
at least consider using the results.    (01)

Without that, I am afraid that the output will be another unused system.    (02)

Ron    (03)