Re: [ontolog-forum] Axiomatic ontology

To: "Rob Freeman" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 04:14:40 EST
Rob,    (01)

The basis for the analogy engine is a graph encoding that supports
efficient
storage
and retrieval of arbitrary graphs based on a semantic distance measure.    (02)

That encoding and the semantic distance measure support many different
kinds of
applications, of which analogies are one important kind.  But there are an
open
ended
number of different ways of using the technology, and there are more left
explore
than the ones we have implemented so far.    (03)

In any case, I'm in travelling mode for the next two weeks, so I will only
have
sporadic access to email.    (04)