Re: [ontolog-forum] Axiomatic ontology

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2008 08:53:09 -0400
Rob,    (01)

Just one comment:    (02)

RF> As a form of example-based reasoning analogy it is one response
 > to the problem. It misses the key complexity issue so will never be
 > a complete solution....    (03)

There is and never will be any "complete solution".  Note that the
system we have implemented incorporates an open-ended "society"
of heterogeneous agents, which can accept, accommodate, and use
any method that anyone might ever invent, propose, or imagine:    (04)

    http://www.jfsowa.com/talks/pursuing.pdf    (05)

If you build a better mousetrap, we can put a wrapper around it,
plop it into the system as another agent, and it will be used,
if and when it proves to be useful.  The more useful it proves
to be, the more often it will be used.    (06)