Re: [ontolog-forum] Axiomatic ontology

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rob Freeman" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 06:55:13 +0800
John,    (01)

Actually I got interested in the possibility of generating analogies
based on multiple examples in an analogy-based system like the one you
are building at Vivo-mind.    (02)

Have you tried that?    (03)

It is a natural extension of what I have done with language.    (04)

Nobody has addressed it, but the complexity point I've been trying to
make here is that you can have more generalizations about a set of
examples than there are examples themselves. I'm suggesting this is
what makes the idea of a "complete" set of generalizations (ontology)
indeterminate. (And has resulted in the current popularity of
indeterminacy in world models across a wide range of disciplines.)    (05)

I'm assuming your analogy engine makes decisions based on analogies
with specific examples. That enables you to make as many unique
distinctions as you have examples. Have you tried generating analogies
based on sets of examples?    (06)

-Rob    (07)