Re: [ontolog-forum] implementation issues for ontology URIs (right forum

To: <rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Ravi Sharma" <ravisharma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 05:48:37 -0400
Rick
Agree with two points you made, namely
1. things and reference to things - just for analogy - akin to compilers in
computer assembly language and pointers to addresses.
2. our understanding of semantics today is not sufficiently
Mature - my input is that we need to work and at least at community or
vertical practice levels to find or construct vocabularies with accompanying
natural language description (as unambiguous as is practical), to enrich
semantics and may be even use the web behavior history to illustrate how
collaborations have or have not helped us enrich the semantics. Also multi
cultural and multiple languages meanings might further enrich the current
semantics.     (01)

In this connection I have enjoyed previous discussions on -language and
meaning and -meaning and understanding, etc.    (02)

Thanks.
Ravi
(Dr. Ravi Sharma)
313 204 1740 Mobile