Re: [ontolog-forum] Formatting posts

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "John Black" <JohnBlack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 15:00:15 -0500

>>> [ppy]  whatever it is, would everyone kindly use plain text
>>> instead
>>> of
>>> HTML, please, in their posting.
>
> Well, as one who has over the years frequently railed against
> the use
> of HTML mail generally, but especially in mailing lists (see,
> e.g., http://tinyurl.com/2y9u63
>  :-), color me embarrassed.  I usually use mutt or alpine for
> mail
> but I occasionally use Apple's Mail.app.  I had at one time set
> it to
> use plain text in all contexts, but I see that it seems to be
> answering HTML (which JohnB appears to be using as a default)    (01)

I plead (relative) innocence here - Someone else started it!  In
new posts I use text. But I am set to respond in kind. If you
send me text, then I will respond with text, but if you send
HTML, then I will respond in kind. Of course, I am able to
respond to HTML with text, and I can do that instead of replying
with more HTML.    (02)

Ideally, it would be great if we could all use HTML without these
problems. I don't know how to make that work though.    (03)

John    (04)