[ontolog-forum] Proceedings: OKMDS - "Creating Informational and Virtual

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Jeanne Holm <jeanne.holm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Tomas Soderstrom <tomas.j.soderstrom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 19:09:03 -0800
The 3rd event of our Ontology in Knowledge Management and Decision
Support (OKMDS)" mini-series of activities representing a
NASA-Ontolog-KMWG collaboration took place on Thursday
17-January-2008.    (01)

Entitled: "Creating Informational and Virtual Space for Knowledge
Sharing," the session was chaired by Ms. Jeanne Holm (NASA/JPL) and
featured an expert panel that included Mr. Tomas Soderstrom (IT Chief
Technology Officer of NASA/JPL), Ms. Jeanne Holm (Chief Knowledge
Architect, NASA/JPL) and Dr. Marcela Oliva (LATTC Architecture, LACCD
Facilities KM.) The session included three inspiring talks from the
panel, respectively on: "Creating Conversations in Virtual Worlds" by
Tom Soderstrom, "Understanding the NASA Taxonomy" by Jeanne Holm and
"Reasoning on Dynamically Built Space Ontology with forms/shapes that
support/expand ideas and collaboration: A Form Space Driven
Environment for Complex Adaptive System Architecture" by Marcela
Oliva. That was followed by a lively Q & A and discussions between the
participants and the panelists.    (02)

This virtual event was offered in our normal augmented conference call
settings, and simultaneously at the NASA/JPL Explorer Island in the
"Second Life" virtual world settings.    (03)

A huge "thank you" goes to to all the panelists, to everyone who had
helped produce the session, as well as to all who was able to join us
at the session and contributed to the rich discussion at the last
segment of the session.    (04)

Proceedings of the session are captured on our wiki page, at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2008_01_17    (05)

In particular, screenshots from our virtual world venue are now
available. So are the full audio recording and the podcast of the
session. See details on the audio archive at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2008_01_17#nid17AD    (06)

As mentioned previously, this "Ontology in Knowledge Management and
Decision Support (OKMDS)" mini-series will span about 6 months, with
one virtual session every month, and an online discourse that will be
conducted over the [okmds-convene] mailing list. So, stay tuned for
the announcement of the next event. We look forward to seeing you on
the discussion list and at our next session.    (07)

Regards.  =ppy    (08)

Jeanne Holm                           Peter Yim
Chief Knowledge Architect,            Co-convener,
NASA/JPL                              ONTOLOG