[ontolog-forum] Six (Not So) Easy Pieces

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Christopher Menzel <cmenzel@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 14:46:33 -0600
On Dec 17, 2007, at 9:57 AM, Chris Menzel wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 17, 2007 at 02:30:55PM +0700, paola.dimaio@xxxxxxxxx
> wrote:
>> Thanks a lot!
>> Will get them both to start with, I read fast
>
> Uh, good luck with that! ;-)    (01)

Just to follow up here in case the point isn't clear.  As anyone who
has studied the books in question would attest, they are not a quick
read!  Six Not-So-Easy Pieces in particular contains some fairly
advanced mathematics (notably, you'll want to brush up on your vector
calculus) and a lot of tough physics (for mere mortals like me,
anyway); it demands a lot of thought, concentration, and reflection
from the reader.  But both books offer great rewards; I would
certainly follow John in recommending them and wish Paola the best in
tackling them.    (02)

-chris    (03)