Re: [ontolog-forum] Existentials (WAS: Re: brainwaves (WAS: to concept o

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Patrick Cassidy" <pat@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 09:34:23 -0500
PatH -
  I am not particularly worried about terminology, but I would sure like to
avoid these unproductive terminology discussions by fixing on some term that
would not generate caustic responses.  I will use any term that is agreeable
to the community, I was just using a term that seemed responsive to the
point of the query. I am interested in the substance of the issue (how to
use such assertions), and no one has yet commented on that.  Is your
suggestion "forall-exists assertions" or "Skolem assertions"?  Of the two, I
prefer the former.  Your point about "functional" is well taken, it could be
misleading.    (01)

Pat    (02)

Patrick Cassidy
MICRA, Inc.