Re: [ontolog-forum] brainwaves (WAS: to concept or not to concept, is th

To: Pat Hayes <phayes@xxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Bill Andersen <andersen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 22:57:01 -0500
Hi Pat    (01)

On Dec 17, 2007, at 22:53 , Pat Hayes wrote:    (02)

> Well, that's a pretty contrived axiom, seems to me. If you really
> wanted to say this for some reason, then presumably we could make up
> a name for it, say (notPartOfEmpireStatePossession x), which is kind
> of weird but is still better than Skolem3457 when looking at long
> opaque listings.    (03)

I'm with you.  That's why I said I liked the principle on its face (It
*wasn't* a criticism - I really like it).  I'm just trying to see what
a general principle of application would look like.    (04)

Bill Andersen (andersen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
Ontology Works, Inc. (www.ontologyworks.com)
3600 O'Donnell Street, Suite 600
Baltimore, MD 21224