Re: [ontolog-forum] Observation on one Result of Success Re: Presentatio

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Rex Brooks <rexb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 06:11:00 -0700
Understood Paola,

To some extent, that's what I meant by "bleeding deacons." While I am not a convenor, I don't quite qualify, but I have noted this tendency in myself. Some time ago, I found myself in a similar situation with a group I had helped get started, and it was not until later, that I began to see that I had inadvertently alienated several valuable contributors.

However, as I said, I think this forum is healthy enough to withstand these kinds of growing pains. I think that early next year, in the usual mid-winter northern hemisphere lull, there will be a period of time when we can have a few more planning sessions, and, perhaps we can find a way to be more inclusive.

There are several ways we could achieve this, but rather than stimulate that conversation right now, when I'm up to my elbows in alligators myself, I invite everyone to remind me in January and I will list some of my ideas about how we can expand the tent, or build some connected tents for Ontolog SIGs perhaps?

Cheers,
Rex