|To:||"[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <edbark@xxxxxxxx>|
|Cc:||Chris Welty <cawelty@xxxxxxxxx>|
|From:||"Pathak, Jyotishman, Ph.D." <Pathak.Jyotishman@xxxxxxxx>|
|Date:||Sat, 20 Oct 2007 09:12:53 -0500|
Thank you very much for the pointers -- I am certainly interested in learning more from the papers. That being said, scheduling a talk on this topic presented by you and/or Chris Welty sounds like an excellent idea!
From: ontolog-forum-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ontolog-forum-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Obrst, Leo J.
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2007 3:40 PM
To: [ontolog-forum] ; edbark@xxxxxxxx
Cc: Chris Welty
Subject: Re: [ontolog-forum] Presentation on Rules for Semantic Web
We have presented our recent research on translating OWL ontologies and SWRL/RuleML rules to a logic programming environment for efficient runtime reasoning at a number of venues over the past couple years. If there is interest, perhaps I can present this at a future Ontolog forum talk.
We are also involved in the current W3C Rule Interoperability Framework working group, but won't talk about that specifically, since it it still ongoing, and there are many issues. Perhaps Chris Welty, the chair of the RIF, can schedule a talk in the future about its status?
Here's some of our references on our effort:
· Samuel, Ken; Leo Obrst; Suzette Stoutenberg; Karen Fox; Adrian Johnson; Ken Laskey; Deborah Nichols; and Jason Peterson. 2007. Applying Prolog to Semantic Web Ontologies & Rules: Moving Toward Description Logic Programs. The Journal of the Theory and Practice of Logic Programming (TPLP), Massimo Marchiori, ed., forthcoming.
· Obrst, Leo; Dru McCandless; Suzette Stoutenburg; Karen Fox; Deborah Nichols; Mike Prausa; Rick Sward. 2007. Evolving Use of Distributed Semantics to Achieve Net-centricity. Regarding the ?Intelligence? in Distributed Intelligent Systems, AAAI Fall Symposium, Arlington VA, Nov. 8-11, 2007, forthcoming.
· Stoutenburg, Suzette; Leo Obrst; Deborah Nichols; Paul Franklin; Ken Samuel; Michael Prausa. 2007. Ontologies and Rules for Rapid Enterprise Integration and Event Aggregation. Vocabularies, Ontologies and Rules for the Enterprise (VORTE 07), Annapolis, MD, Oct. 15-19, 2007.
· Stoutenburg, S; L. Obrst; D. McCandless; D. Nichols; P. Franklin; M. Prausa; R. Sward. 2007. Ontologies for Rapid Integration of Heterogeneous Data for Command, Control, & Intelligence. Ontologies for the Intelligence Community Conference, Columbia, MD, Nov. 28-30, 2007, forthcoming.
· Stoutenburg, Suzette, Leo Obrst, Deborah Nichols, Ken Samuel, and Paul Franklin. 2006. Applying Semantic Rules to Achieve Dynamic Service Oriented Architectures. RuleML 2006: Rules and Rule Markup Languages for the Semantic Web, co-located with ISWC 2006, Athens, GA, November 10-11, 2006. In: Service-Oriented Computing ? ICSOC 2006, Lecture Notes in Computer Science Volume 4294, 2006, pp. 581-590. Heidelberg: Springer-Verlag, Also: MITRE Technical Report MTR 06B0000014, March 2006. http://www.mitre.org/work/tech_papers/tech_papers_06/06_0904/index.html.
· Samuel, Ken; Leo Obrst; Suzette Stoutenberg; Karen Fox; Adrian Johnson; Ken Laskey; Deborah Nichols; and Jason Peterson. 2006. Applying Prolog to Semantic Web Ontologies & Rules: Moving Toward Description Logic Programs. ALPSWS: Applications of Logic Programming in the Semantic Web and Semantic Web Services, Aug. 16, 2006, International Conference on Logic Programming, pp. 112-113. Federated Logic Conference 2006, Seattle, WA. Poster presentation and extended abstract. http://sunsite.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/Publications/CEUR-WS/Vol-196/alpsws2006-poster5.pdf.
· Stoutenburg, Suzette; Leo Obrst; Deborah Nichols; Jason Peterson; Adrian Johnson. 2005. Toward a Standard Rule Language for Semantic Integration of the DoD Enterprise. W3C Workshop on Rule Languages for Interoperability, 27-28 April 2005, Washington, D.C. MITRE Technical Report: http://www.mitre.org/work/tech_papers/tech_papers_05/05_0400/index.html.
Dr. Leo Obrst The MITRE Corporation, Information Semantics
lobrst@xxxxxxxxx Information Discovery & Understanding, Command and Control Center
Voice: 703-983-6770 7515 Colshire Drive, M/S H305
Fax: 703-983-1379 McLean, VA 22102-7508, USA
_________________________________________________________________ Message Archives: http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontolog-forum/ Subscribe/Config: http://ontolog.cim3.net/mailman/listinfo/ontolog-forum/ Unsubscribe: mailto:ontolog-forum-leave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Shared Files: http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/ Community Wiki: http://ontolog.cim3.net/wiki/ To Post: mailto:ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (01)
|<Prev in Thread]||Current Thread||[Next in Thread>|
|Previous by Date:||Re: [ontolog-forum] Slides [was - Re: Proceedings: "Database &Ontology" mini-series session 11 - Dr. Alan Wu (Oracle) -18-Oct-2007], Alan Wu|
|Next by Date:||Re: [ontolog-forum] Presentation on Rules for Semantic Web, Adrian Walker|
|Previous by Thread:|
|Next by Thread:||Re: [ontolog-forum] Presentation on Rules for Semantic Web, Adrian Walker|
|Indexes:||[Date] [Thread] [Top] [All Lists]|