Re: [ontolog-forum] {Disarmed} Reality and Truth

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Ingvar Johansson <ingvar.johansson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 16:45:58 +0200
paola.dimaio@xxxxxxxxx schrieb:
> HI Ingvar, and all
>
> I did not comment on your mail because I do not want to trivialize
> such an important subject
> But given the status, let me just say a couple of things
>
> 1. there are limits to the human ability to
> see/perceivee/understand/known the universe
> we dont know if something that we cannot see/perceive/understand/ know
> actually does not exist, all we know is that we cant
> see/understand/know it. To conclude that something does not exist just
> because its not like you predict it/expect it/project it or just
> because you cant see it, would not be very scientific, I dont think    (01)

I don't think that I am omniscient. To the contrary, I have in both
books and papers classified myself as a "fallibilist epistemological
realist". As far as I can understand, this is also the view of prominent
philosophers such as Charles Sanders Peirce, Karl Popper, Mario Bunge,
Susan Haack, Ian Hacking, Simon Blackburn, and Thomas Nagel. But
fallibilism does not imply theism. The problem is that it makes a
difference to me and my actions whether I (fallibly) think there is no
God or whether I (fallibly) think there is a God.    (02)

humbly,
Ingvar    (03)