Re: [ontolog-forum] A "common basis"

To: Christopher Menzel <cmenzel@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Adam Pease <adampease@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 15:35:02 -0700
Hi Chris,
   Many thanks.  I was really addressing a point that you weren't
making, but which is all too common.
   I'm sympathetic to using SUMO for semantic interoperability.  When
I've done projects in that area, it has worked well.  At the risk of
stating the obvious, the advantage, at least in theory, of a common
model over a federated approach is that one has mappings linear in the
number of products needing integration, rather than potentially N^2.    (01)

Adam    (02)