Re: [ontolog-forum] A "common basis"

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Cassidy, Patrick J." <pcassidy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 15:32:52 -0400
A comment on just one point from John:    (01)

When the ontologies being
> compared have no common starting point, proving incompatibility is
> not at all easy (unfortunately, proving compatibility is not so easy
> either!).     (02)

Ideally, the foundation ontology that serves as the conceptual defining
vocabulary will in fact have the common starting points that allows one
to show out how even relatively fundamental concept representations
differ from each other.  If you have any thoughts about what concepts
need to be represented to do that, please let us know!    (03)

Pat    (04)

Patrick Cassidy
CNTR-MITRE
260 Industrial Way West