Re: [ontolog-forum] A "common basis"

To: <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Gary Berg-Cross" <gary.berg-cross@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 12:51:34 -0400
Perhaps the presenters of this idea (a single ontology  was a prerequisite to success) were focused on a Domain model where they felt they had the basic scope, foundationa terms, set or relationships well in hand.  Of course this is also wrong but on a lesser scale.  Sometimes people are thinking, this ontology defines everthing I need for the meaning of this DB.  In that sense the ontology is serving as a scoped concept model for the DB as "reality".

Gary Berg-Cross
EM&I
Herndon, VA