Re: [ontolog-forum] vague wish lists VS formal specifications

To: "Deborah MacPherson" <debmacp@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Pat Hayes <phayes@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 18:25:31 -0600
>Hi Pat -
>
>Mutual construction of a concept map sounds good and yes the customer,
>even if right, does not always know what the best options are.
>
>Does every concept map need to start from scratch?    (01)

Not necessarily, though the received wisdom is
that the greatest benefit comes from the activity
of constructing the map, so it is usual to start
with a blank. BUt there are 'methodologies' for
getting the process started: not templates or
maps so much as guidelines for a kind of group
therapy.    (02)

>Are there models
>maintained anywhere to start part way through the process.    (03)

There is lot written about the process, including
'use manuals' for eg the Navy and others.    (04)

>  A template
>if you will for - a school, a military organization, an organization
>under another organization, an organization in the United States,
>organizations in many countries? Does each scenario start on a blank
>sheet of paper? Or rather, in a software program?    (05)

Usually yes, but bear in mind we may be talking
about a process involving several people for
several days or weeks, so it rapidly gets quite
complicated. One doesn't start afresh each day.    (06)

Pat    (07)

phayesAT-SIGNihmc.us       http://www.ihmc.us/users/phayes    (09)