Re: [uos-convene] Backgrounder for Mills's comments

To: Upper Ontology Summit convention <uos-convene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Bill Andersen <andersen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 23:54:01 -0500
Thanks, Chris, for your comments.    (01)

I have to agree fully that I don't like the commercial direction this
is taking.  I don't see the relevance.  I don't see the urgency.  And
I repeat my earlier questions posed before we successfully derailed
the original Wednesday morning agenda about who wants this, and how
has it come to play a central role in the planning of a meeting I
took originally to be a technical meeting of the minds?    (02)

I made special arrangements to come back from Wisconsin as early as
possible on Wednesday so I could at least attend the afternoon
session.  I, too, am wondering whether I'm wasting my time.    (03)

        .bill    (04)

On Mar 12, 2006, at 22:44 , Christopher Welty wrote:    (05)

Bill Andersen (andersen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
Chief Scientist
Ontology Works, Inc. (www.ontologyworks.com)
3600 O'Donnell Street, Suite 600