[uos-convene] Backgrounder for Mills's comments

To: Upper Ontology Summit convention <uos-convene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Mills Davis <mdavis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 11:31:01 -0500
Colleagues,

To give some background for planning the afternoon messaging with Doug, I provided him a link to the keynote presentation that I gave at the Semantic Technology Conference in San Jose. The main thrust is outlining the case for transitioning from "pre-semantic" to "semantic" technologies, which is relevant to Wednesday's afternoon session as well. What Doug and I want to orchestrate is how to best to position the upper ontology initiative and its contribution to the unfolding of the semantic wave.

Mills

Begin forwarded message: