Re: [uos-convene] Backgrounder for Mills's comments

To: Upper Ontology Summit convention <uos-convene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 19:21:03 -0800
Mills,    (01)

Thanks for sending us the URL of the slides to your talk:    (02)

http://www.project10x.com/downloads/MDdownloads/MDprezo/SemanticWaveKeynote.pdf    (03)

But what I find frustrating about such things is that there
are pointy-haired bosses who make business decisions based on
the amount of eye-candy that gets stuffed into the slides.    (04)

When Lou Gerstner took over as CEO of IBM in 1993, all the
senior managers lined up with their slides ready.  But Lou
stopped them and said "Just sit down and talk to me."    (05)

Many of the managers panicked at that point, but Gerstner
did a rather decent job of turning IBM around.    (06)

Are the presentations next week going to be tailored for PHBs
or for people who try to understand something?    (07)

John Sowa    (08)

Community Wiki: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?UpperOntologySummit    (09)