RE: [uos-convene] Other Approaches Too.

To: "Upper Ontology Summit convention" <uos-convene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Uschold, Michael F" <michael.f.uschold@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 17:50:59 -0800
This statement is too strong, and I don't agree with it in its current
form:    (01)

        "the use of some formally defined common upper ontology is
essential for semantic interoperability."       (02)

Replace 'essential' with 'helpful', and I'm on board.    (03)

UOs can be a big help towards solving semantic interoperability, by
making part of the problem go away. The whole problem [pretty much] goes
away if everyone uses the same ontology.    (04)

We get over lack of a common ontology by mapping between them, we can do
the same thing for UOs, in principle.    (05)

Mike    (06)