Re: [uom-ontology-std] What is mass?

To: uom-ontology-std <uom-ontology-std@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: uom-ontology-std <uom-ontology-std@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Dave McComb <mccomb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 13:37:26 -0400
I like this restatement, but it also shines a light on where I struggle.    (01)

If we're talking about two sets who are defined by their members (say
the Pacific Northwest {WA, OR, ID} and sales district 3 {ID,OR,WA} no
problem with 1a.    (02)

But if we're talking about the set of employees of company x and the
set of union members at company x, if they happen to be the same and
we declare them equivalent, then I think we've said something
different. At a minimum we're denying the open world considerations.    (03)

Sent from my iPhone    (04)

On Oct 6, 2009, at 10:59 AM, "Chris Partridge" <partridgec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx