Re: [ontology-summit] Ontology Summit 2015 Theme

To: Ontology Summit 2015 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Natale, Bob" <RNATALE@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 07:22:20 +0000
Hi John,    (01)

Let me stick my non-expert neck out here:
My standard answer to the question of "What does ontology add?" is that it
enables the application of automated reasoning to a domain better than
alternative (earlier) mechanisms. In part this is due to a matter of timing and
consequent symbiosis:  Modern reasoning engines have been designed around the
emerging set of semantic technologies that, in large part, are centered on
ontology (and its constituent elements) ... ontologies, in turn (and IMHO),
should be designed primarily with the reasoning operations they will support in
mind.    (02)

Avanti,
BobN    (03)