Re: [ontology-summit] Ontology Summit 2015 Theme

To: Ontology Summit 2011 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Jack Ring <jring7@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 07:46:45 -0700
We should be highly aware that some of the ‘things’ in the IoT will be “bugs”
notably logic, arithmetic and semantic faults in the stuff that constitutes the
IoT. One effect is presaged by Lanchester’s Law, also restated as Metcalf’s Law
that in the IoT case means that the damage inflicted on any one WEE participant
will be proportional to the square of the number of bugs in the IoT.
It is time for this community to start addressing the quality of any ontology
from the perspective of Fit For Purpose. It is likely that requisite quality
can be achieved only if the WEE includes coherency tests.
Jack Ring
On Nov 7, 2014, at 12:16 AM, Natale, Bob <RNATALE@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:    (01)