Re: [ontology-summit] Ontology Summit 2015 Theme

To: ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: John F Sowa <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2014 08:51:47 -0500
On 7 November 2014 12:29, Mike Dean <mdean@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I also believe Internet of Things may attract more participation.    (01)

I agree.  But note the subtitle that was suggested in the telecon:    (02)

> Toward Smart Networked Systems and Societies    (03)

The word 'everything' includes people, but the word 'things'
usually excludes them.    (04)

Just adding one more "thing" to the Internet is trivial.
The really challenging issues are how those things are going
to work with people and societies of people.    (05)

One of the most serious issues is what to do about the
bad people whose goal is to hack into everybody's things.    (06)

It takes a lot of talent to reverse engineer a smart device.
But it doesn't take much talent to buy an app designed by
a smart guy turned thief.    (07)