Re: [ontology-summit] Hackathon: BACnet Ontology

To: Ontology Summit 2013 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Joel Bender <jjb5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 15:46:31 +0000
Toby,    (01)

> There was a NREL report a couple years back that proposed tagging standards.
>That may be part of the mix….
>
> http://www.nrel.gov/docs/fy11osti/50073.pdf    (02)

Thank you for the reference.  The list of terms in Section 4 is very close to
what I see going into BAFL, with the possible exception of "Remote
return/exhaust fan capacity", because a 'return fan' and an 'exhaust fan' are
two different things.  :-)    (03)

Before we can bridge gaps, we need to bring the shores closer together.  The
end result of this effort should be something like    (04)

    tag:bacnet.org,2010:BinaryValueObject#presentValue    (05)

to be referenced be some other as-yet-undefined object that "is" the 'Lincoln
Hall air conditioning unit 5 dehumidification status'.  Someday there could be
a bafl:Dehumidification#status that lines up with your Section 4.    (06)

Joel    (07)