Re: [ontology-summit] Hackathon: BACnet Ontology

To: 'Ontology Summit 2013 discussion' <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Considine, Toby (Campus Services IT)" <Toby.Considine@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 11:06:48 -0400
We are also tackling some similar issues to the last you introduced in the
OASIS oBIX Technical Committee    (01)

The ontology for building systems is often the intersection of the service they
provide (Return) and the business process that goes on there. The semantic
bridge is the space that the service is provided in / to. The space is defined
in BIM. BIM is too heavy to travel everywhere, but the space can be seen to be
provided in one of the Slim BIMs, such as COBie (esp. COBie Lite) or in GBXML.     (02)

tc    (03)