Re: [ontology-summit] [ontology-summit-org] [Big Systems and SE] summit

To: "'Matthew West'" <dr.matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Jack Ring'" <jring7@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Giancarlo Guizzardi'" <gguizzardi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: 'Ontology Summit 2012 discussion' <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Anatoly Levenchuk" <ailev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 19:26:19 +0400
I like mention of System components (this is similar to "method components"
in situational method engineering and can encompass subsystems as well as
system's behavior, life cycle, stakeholders, holonic mereology etc.). And
this is better than "ontology of system approach" ("approach" is a marker of
transfer of concept set of one domain to another) or "ontology of system
thinking" (this is not about engineering of things).    (01)

I suggest to take not the (specialty engineering) Design Language
interoperability, but subset of such languages: Architectural Language
expressiveness and interoperability. Architectural languages (SysML,
ArchiMate, AADL, OPDL etc.) directly connected to concept of System
component and we will be able immediately test System component insights.
All of Architectural languages express small part of foundational ontology
and this is connected with expressiveness of them. Mapping of different
Architectural languages to Systems components ontology will deal with
Interoperability of these.    (02)

Best regards,
Anatoly Levenchuk

England