Re: [ontology-summit] [ontology-summit-org] [Big Systems and SE] summit

To: Matthew West <dr.matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Ontology Summit 2012 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Jack Ring <jring7@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 23:20:49 -0700
The main issue that arose from the material I presented was the claim that
ontology is not equivalent to algorithm. The systems engineering practice needs
a semiotic transformer among the variegated participants. One example is the
the stuff that Top Quadrant is building with NASA.  If ontology is
inappropriate then are you interested only in the needs of systemists that can
be satisfied by complicated taxonomies?    (01)

On Jan 27, 2012, at 7:18 AM, Jack Ring wrote:    (02)