Re: [ontology-summit] [Making the Case] Elevator Pitch

To: Ontology Summit 2011 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 07:25:35 -0800
Dear John, Mills and All,    (01)

I agree with everything you John said.    (02)

One caveat, though ...    (03)

> [JFS]  Vague slogans and talking points are useless.    (04)

[ppy]  to people like scientists, engineers, and of course,
ontologists, this is probably a fair statement. However, these are a
minority within the general population. I would even say that "sound
bites" DO SELL! (vague or clear ... substantiated, or not.)    (05)

Therefore, in my earlier solicitation for "sound bites" and "elevator
pitches" (ref.
http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/2011-01/msg00017.html)
we asked for both. ... of course, folks can respond with instance(s)
of either one, or, hopefully, both.    (06)

... and Yes, the online form where folks can enter their contribution
(of there "sound bites" and "elevator pitches") there is room for one
to specify the audience and context.    (07)

Do use this thread, or use the form at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2011/Survey/Survey01_Soundbite-Pitch/survey01.html    (08)

We need good "sound bites" and "elevator pitches" archived, that
anyone who has the need, can refer to in the future!    (09)

Thanks in advance.  =ppy
--    (010)