Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontology based conversational interfaces

To: bruceschuman@xxxxxxx
Cc: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: John Bateman <bateman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 19:22:46 +0200
Dear Bruce,    (01)

just throwing in from the sidelines, as there is a tendency
for earlier rounds of discussion to be lost in the mists...
Apologies if all or any of this is all familiar stuff...    (02)

Am 10.07.15 um 18:45 schrieb Bruce Schuman:
> Maybe what I am talking about has a direct correlation with the logic
> of “local dialects” mapping into – and being supported by – the
> “abstract CL semantics”.  I’d like to see that mapping project
> extended in many directions, with everything going on in any arena or
> domain seen as branches of a common tree….    (03)

perhaps relevant: the ongoing standardisation efforts around
the Distributed Ontology Language (DOL), which seeks to offer
more than just local dialects of CL, although being mapped
back/on to CL whenever possible:    (04)

http://ontolog-02.cim3.net/wiki/OntoIOp
http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/~till/papers/tke12.pdf
http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-1081/womo2013_invited_paper_1.pdf    (05)

and just for fun, since you mention:    (06)

> ’m going to get into Lakoff’s book “Where Mathematics Comes From”,
> looking for further insights on the simplest possible foundations for
> developing a collaborative system of shared definitions (what are
> “identity, similarity and difference”, and how do these definitions
> control how we collectively see the world – and in those terms, how
> is “metaphor” created?).    (07)

perhaps relevant:    (08)

work in the current EU project Co-Invent
(http://www.coinvent-project.eu/en/home.html), plus    (09)

http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/~till/papers/ecai12-c3gi.pdf
http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.2991/978-94-6239-085-0_9    (010)

where DOL, ontology and metaphor (in particular, blending)
come together.    (011)

Best,
John B.    (012)